System performance monitoring
Since Windows NT, performance information has been made available using "performance counters". Although often overlooked, these counters provide a wealth of information that show you how the system is performing. By monitoring the values returned from these counters, you can ...
- Check that values don't continaully exceed a given threshold (e.g. CPU usage)
- Check that the server is not overloaded
- Be warned early when limits are being reached
- See when resources are approaching their maximum or minimum limits
performance monitoring uses these counters to continually check values against your predefined thresholds. If issues arise - or issues continually arise (e.g. if CPU is continually higher than expected), you can be notified in order to take the appropriate action.
- Verify software & hardware performance against given thresholds
- Monitor pre-configured values, or any available counter on the monitored server
- Check for continual failures over time
- Take automatic action, or alert if thresholds are exceeded, or not being met
- Log performance data for later analysis, or exporting to 3rd party applications
- The built-in Performance Optimiser allows you to record max. & min. threshold values over longer periods of time
- Using this information you can highlight the lowest & highest values recorded against current monitoring threshold.
- See if the server is overloaded or reaching capacity
- Set baseline figures for your server
With the "role" wizard, you can quickly & easily configure performance monitoring based on the tasks typically performed by the server.
See Sentry-go in action for yourself
The best way to see how Sentry-go can help you is to try it for yourself. Evaluate the full product, free for 21 days!
Software and additional components can also be purchased on-line, through your reseller, or using a Purchase Order.
Alternatively if you have any questions, please contact us. We'll be happy discuss them.
Download free evaluation now!
Ask a question