FTP availability monitoring
Used extensively for the transfer of files from one machine to another, FTP is a common process running on many web and application servers. You may use it to provide downloads from your site, or to transfer files internally or externally to another system.
Typically, FTP sessions are run either automatically in the background or sometimes from dedicated FTP clients. Where background automation is used, or you have no control over the client (e.g. if one of your customers is running it), it is often very difficult to detect faults. In the case of an external customer, he or she will probably not report it, instead choosing to go elsewhere on the internet.
With Sentry-go FTP availability monitoring, you can check for yourself. By automating connection & transfer checks, the monitor becomes your client - reporting any faults it finds, long before your customers even notice!
- Mimic a typical ftp client, automatically!
- Ensure access to ftp sites is available
- Ensure required files are available remotely for customers to retrieve
- Ensure files can be sent to your server (PUT)
- Ensure files can be retrieved from your server (GET)
- Ensure Ensure remote ftp commands work & return the expected results
- Ensure ftp operations are completed within a given timeframe.
See Sentry-go in action for yourself
The best way to see how Sentry-go can help you is to try it for yourself. Evaluate the full product, free for 21 days!
Software and additional components can also be purchased on-line, through your reseller, or using a Purchase Order.
Alternatively if you have any questions, please contact us. We'll be happy discuss them.
Download free evaluation now!
Ask a question